Child Protection/Substantiation - hmlsearch_dir_bctitle

Child Abuse and Neglect "Substantiation" in Maine

How to appeal a notice from DHHS saying that you have been "substantiated" for child abuse or neglect.

Child Protection in Maine

This tells you how the Maine child protection system works and what you can do to protect your parental rights. You have the right to get a court-appointed lawyer if you can't afford one. Get one as soon as you can.

Information for Maine Kinship Families

If you are raising a grandchild, niece, or nephew, Family Connections posts information about health issues, child protection and foster care, child care, financial assistance, tax credits, and more.